Name: Li Jiangping
Date of birth: August 15, 1977
Place of birth: Gansu, P.R.Chinat
Present address: College of Atmospheric Science, Lanzhou University 222 South Tianshui Road Lanzhou, Gansu, 730000
Mobile: (+86) 13609341145
2016.12 – 2017. 12 Visiting Scholar, Duke University, USA.
2006.09 – 2012. 06 College of Atmospheric Science, Lanzhou University, Received Ph.D. in Meteorology in 2012
2001.09 – 2004. 06 School of Marine Environment, Ocean University of China, Received Master’s degree in Meteorology in 2004
1997.09 – 2001. 06 School of Marine Environment, Ocean University of Qingdao, Received Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology in 2001
2013.05 – Associate professor, College of Atmospheric Science, Lanzhou University.
2007.05 – 2013. 04 Lecturer, College of Atmospheric Science, Lanzhou University.
2004.07 – 2007. 04 Teaching assistant, College of Atmospheric Science, Lanzhou University.
Current Fields of Interest
1. Extreme and Disasters Weather
2. Low Vortex on the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau
 Su Junli, Wang Shigong, Li Jiangping, Shang Kezheng, Kang Yanzhen, Jia Xuwei, Wu Zhongxun. Preliminary Analysis of Precipitation Characteristics in the Badain Jaran and Tengger Deserts[J]. Journal of Arid Meteorology, 2016，34（2）：261-268.
 Guo Yong-tao1, Xin Jin-yuan, Li Jiang-ping, Wang Shi-gong, Cheng Yi-fan. Characteristics of chemical compositions of rainwater in Lanzhou City in 2010[J]. Journal of Lanzhou University (Natural Sciences), 2015，51（4）：546-552.
 Guo Yongtao, Xin Jinyuan, Li Xu, Wang Shigong, Li Jiangping. Characteristics of Dust Events and Their Influence on Air Quality of Lanzhou, China. Journal of Desert Research, 2015, 35 (4): 977-982.
 Li Jiangping, Li Jianfeng, Du Liangliang, Zhang Yu, Wang Shigong. General situation of heavy rain in Northwest China and analysis of a case. Journal of Lanzhou University (Natural Sciences), 2013，49（4）：474-482.
 Li Jiangping, Du Liangliang, Zhang Yu, Wang Jiayuan, Wang Jingsong, Wang Shigong. Analysis on Circulation Pattern and Water Vapor Source of Heavy Precipitation in Maqu Region. Plateau Meteorology, 2012，31（6）：1-9.
 Li Jiangping, Wang Shigong, Sun Guowu. Review and prospects of research on low vortex on the Qinghai-Tibetan plateau. Journal of Lanzhou University (Natural Sciences), 2012，48 （4）：53-60，71.
 Li Yan, Wang Shigong, Jin Ronghua, Wang Jinyan, Li Jiangping. Abnormal Characteristics of Blocking High during Durative Low Temperature, Snowfall and Freezing Weather in Southern China. Plateau Meteorology, 2012，31 (1): 94-101
 Jiangping Li, Jie Zhang, Shigong Wang. Region Character of Seasonal Change in Vegetation Activity in Response to Climate Change in the West of China in Recent 20 Years. The International workshop on Environment, New Energy Techniques and Applications
(NETA2011 ) .（EI）
 Yu Zhang, Shigong Wang, Jiangping Li, et al. Climatic characteristics of precipitation in different grade at Maqu. The International workshop on Environment, New Energy Techniques and Applications (NETA2011 ).（EI）
 Guo Yongtao，She Feng，Wang Shigong，Liu Bingjie，Li Jiangping，Wang Jinyan. Assessment on air quality in Lanzhou and its relation with meteorological conditions. Journal of Arid Land Resources and Environment, 2011，25 (11): 100-105.
 Du Liang-liang, Yang De-bao, Wang Shi-gong, Li Jiangping, Zhang Yu, Don An-xiang. Transportation Paths of Water Vapour of Heavey Precipitation From May to October in Maqu[J].Journal of Lanzhou University (Natural Sciences), 2011，47（5）：55-61.
 Li Jiangping, Wang Shigong. Application of Statistical Downscaling Method to Numerical Weather Forecast. Meteorology Monthly，2008，34 (6): 41-45.
 Sun Guowu, Tang Xu, Li Jiangping. Relationship between Northern Edge of the East Asian Summer Monsoon and Sand-Dust Storm. Plateau Meteorology, 2008，27(5): 1088-1093
 Cheng Peng, Zhao Qingyun, Li Jiangping, Sun Guowu. Analysis of Isentropic PotentialVorticity of a Continuous Rain Process in the East of Northwest China. Arid Meteorology，2007, 25（1）：58-62.
 Li Jiangping, Sun Guowu, Wang Shigong. Analysis of isentropic potential vorticity of heavy rain process in the northeast of Qinghai-Xizang plateau during 19th August 2004. Journal of Lanzhou University (Natural Sciences)，2005 (41) Supp:1-6.
 Li Jiangping, Sun Jilin. Interdecadal variations in the southern subtropical Pacifical and the variations of temperature over the mid-southern Pacific. Transactions of Oceanology and Limnology，2004 (4): 10-16.
Major research projects
1. Basic scientific research expense project of central universities, lzujbky-2015-5, The study of structure of different types of eastward northwest vortex, 2015/01-2016/06, finished, PI.
2. Basic scientific research expense project of central universities, lzujbky-2013-110, The study of climatic characters, dynamic structure and circulation model of northwest vortex, 2013/01-2014/06, finished, PI.
3. Drought foundation project, IAM200704, Application of statistical downscaling method in medium term weather forecast of strong sandstorm weather in northwestern China, 2007/08-2009/08, finished, PI.
4. National science and technology support program, 2009BAC53B02, Control technology of precipitation resources in the important water supply area of Yellow River (Maqu), first subproject: Climate background analysis of impact on ecological environmental change in maqu”，2009/07-2012/06, finished, Participant.
5. Major project foundation of science and technology innovation in advanced education,708088, Study of formation mechanism of typical extreme weather event in arid and semi-arid region, 2009/1-2010/12, finished, Participant.
6. National natural science foundation of China, 40805009，Calibration of the influence of aerosols on infrared remote sensing of atmospheric boundary layer temperature, 2009/01-2011/12,finished, Participant.
7. National Natural Science Foundation of China, 4070503, Research and application of statistical-dynamic downscaling method, 2008/01-2010/12, finished, Participant.
8. National Natural Science Foundation of China, 40675077, Observation analysis and numerical simulation of the influencet of sandstorm weather on air quality in Lanzhou, 2007/01- 2009/12, finished, Participant.
9. National Natural Science Foundation of China, 40575037, Study on the relationship between the freeze-thawing process of qinghai-tibet plateau and the Asian summer monsoon anomaly, 2006/01-2008/12, finished, Participant.