Guan Xiaodan, female, from Tonghua, Jilin Province, is a professor and doctoral supervisor at the College of Atmospheric Sciences, Lanzhou University. She graduated from the School of Atmospheric Sciences, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology in 2005 with a bachelor of science degree; in 2011, she graduated from the College of Atmospheric Sciences, Lanzhou University with a doctorate of science; From 2009 to 2011, she went to the University of Texas at Austin for exchange visits. She is mainly engaged in the research of land surface processes and climate change formation mechanisms in arid and semi-arid regions. She has published more than 20 SCI papers in related fields, with more than 10 core papers, and served as reviewer of many international journals such as Sci. Rep., J. Clim., Atmos. Chem. Phys. and Chinese Science. She has presided over Youth Projects and General Projects of the National Natural Science Foundation of China, mainly participated in the Major Research Plan from the Ministry of Science and Technology of China and Integration Projects of the National Natural Science Foundation of China. She won Excellent Youth Fund Project of the National Natural Science Foundation of China in 2017.
Main Research Directions
1. Land-atmosphere interaction in arid and semi-arid regions of the world
2. The impact of the ocean on the climate in semi-arid regions
3. Changes in the heat source of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau
1. Outstanding Youth Fund of National Natural Science Foundation of China 'Semi-arid Land-Atmosphere Mechanism Research under the Background of Global Change (41722502)', January 2018-December 2020, as the leader.
2. Integration Project of National Natural Science Foundation of China 'Synergistic Effects of the Earth-gas Coupling Process and Ocean on Regional Energy, Water Cycling and Global Climate in the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau (91637312)', January 2017-December 2019, as the core member.
3. The National Natural Science Foundation of China 'The Impact of Stagnation in Temperature Increase on China's Dry and Wet Changes (41575006)', January 2016-December 2019, as the leader.
4. Youth Project of The National Natural Science Foundation of China “Research on the Use of Observation Data to Improve Soil Moisture Parameterization in Semi-arid Areas (41305009)', January 2014-December 2016, as the leader.
5. National Major Scientific Research Project 'Climate Change and Its Impact in Typical Arid and Semi-arid Areas of the World (2012CB955300)', January 2012-August 2016, as the core member.
1. Xiaodan Guan, Jianping Huang, Ruixia Guo, Changes in Aridity in Response to Warming Hiatus, Journal of Meteorological Research, 2017, doi:10.1007/s13351-017-6038-1.
2. Jianping Huang, Haipeng Yu, Xiaodan Guan, Guoyin Wang, Ruixia Guo, Accelerated dryland expansion under climate change, Nature Climate Change, 2016, 6: 66-171.
3. Xiaodan Guan, Jianping Huang, Ruixia Guo, Haipeng Yu, Pu Lin, Yanting Zhang, Role of radiatively forced temperature changes in enhanced semi-arid warming in the cold season over east Asia, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 2015, 15(23): 13777-13786.
4. Xiaodan Guan, Jianping Huang, Ruixia Guo, Pu Lin, The role of dynamically induced variability in the recent warming trend slowdown over the Northern Hemisphere, Scientific Reports, 2015, 5, doi:10.1038/srep12669.
5. Xiaodan Guan, Jianping Huang, Ni Guo, Jianrong Bi, Guoyin Wang, Variability of soil moisture and its relationship with surface albedo and soil thermal parameters over the Loess Plateau, Advances in Atmospheric Sciences, 2009, 26(4): 692-700.